Exercise Movement and Dance Partnership (EMDP)
- Heather Hincliffe, Development Officer North, email@example.com, 07715 081650
- General Enquiries: 01403 266000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Affiliation Enquiries: 01403 266000 or email@example.com
- Teacher Training Enquiries: EMD Academy 01403 26600 ext 205 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Who are EMDP?
EMDP is the lead National Governing Body (NGB) for exercise, movement and dance (EMD). It is a not for profit Umbrella Organisation dedicated to the development of exercise, movement and dance provision throughout England and the UK.
EMDP work in harmony with affiliates and partners to get more people enjoying EMD and to increase the amount of quality teachers delivering EMD.
EMDP work over three organisational pillars; the EMD Academy, the EMD Community and the EMD NGB. The three pillars are each designed to assist the sector through firstly providing quality training to increase and improve delivery, secondly to support all those involved and thirdly to help relevant parties develop what they can offer.
EMDP is a growing organisation and in recent months has been able to provide local support to three counties across the UK. We like to call these our County Models. Our County Models are currently active in London, Manchester and Sussex.
More information is available at www.emdp.org.
The EMD Academy
Train today, Inspire tomorrow
The Exercise Movement and Dance (EMD) Academy offers high quality teacher training and development in exercise, movement and dance.
If you love exercise, movement and dance and are thinking about moving into teaching and instructing. Then the EMD Academy is the place to get the skills, knowledge and understanding to become a proficient EMD teacher.
Visit the EMD Academy website today to learn about the qualifications and courses on offer; get tips on great teaching; see the resources available; and get spreading the passion for EMD! Train today, inspire tomorrow.
The EMD Community
Supporting those who are passionate about Exercise, Movement and Dance.
The Exercise, Movement and Dance (EMD) Community is a network of quality teachers and organisations all passionate about one thing; inspiring others to be fit and healthy through Exercise, Movement and Dance.
Teachers and Organisations from a wide collection of disciplines join the EMD community to obtain all the necessary checks, insurance and licensing, but also to get expert advice, resources and support to really help their activities thrive.
The EMD NGB
Developing high quality Exercise, Movement and Dance across the UK
The EMD NGB is here to set standards and provide guidance to the EMD sector. It is also the home of the participation campaign 'Exercise, Move, Dance'; aiming to get 20,000 new movers and shakers taking in part in EMD. Our County Models also lie within the NGB and are at the forefront of EMDP's campaigns and programmes. The County Models, currently in London, Manchester and Sussex aim to develop quality and accessible EMD opportunities within the local area.
Get in touch with the NGB Team
Keeping children and young people safe in EMD.
If you would like more information on safeguarding and protecting children or would like to discuss a concern you have within EMD please contact Lead Safeguarding Officer, Emma Forward.
Visit the website to 'Join the Movement!' search local classes and receive the latest news and opportunities from the dance fitness sector, workout plans, healthy recipes, prize giveaways and enter competitions. The Team at Exercise, Move, Dance will even send you some free kit after your first class to say well-done and keep up the good work.
EMD Affiliation Package
Exercise Movement and Dance (EMD) Community have launched a brand new affiliation package specifically for EMD clubs, schools and groups- including small organisations. The benefits of the package include:
- Discounts on EMD Community affiliation for teachers
- Discounts on EMD Academy teacher training and development courses
- Discounts on DBS checks for staff and volunteers
- Reduced attendance fees for upcoming EMD events and opportunities to deliver sessions or perform as part of EMD events and projects.
- Opportunities to promote activities via all EMDP networks including national exposure and class listings through the Exercise, Move, Dance Campaign.
- Organisational listing on www.exercisemovedance.org and www.emdp.org.
- Use of relevant EMD logos.
- Letter of support from the National Governing Body for any relevant funding or facility applications.
- Stamp of 'EMD Recommendation' and certificate
- Access to online information, advice and guidance from EMDP.
Funding to progress your dance fitness and group exercise career
Our training grant (we call it our Open Bursary) offers financial support to passionate fitness teachers and instructors hoping to develop their career in the fitness industry. It is available to anyone wanting to take a course* or continuing professional development (CPD) through one of our organisational members. Please note, the training must be endorsed by the EMD Academy, REPS or another accepted awarding organisation.