We are Active Lancashire Limited, a company registered in England and Wales (Company No. 06859894 with its office at Office 3-4, Farington House, Lancashire Business Park, Leyland, Lancashire, PR26 6TW. We are listed on the Information Commissioner’s register of data controllers under number: ZA091993.
What is the purpose of this policy?
This policy primarily covers how we use information relating to our participants, prospects, website visitors and people who interact with or do business with us (such as our suppliers). In these cases, we will be the “data controller” for the purposes of data protection law.
It is important that you read this policy, together with any other privacy notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal information about you, so that you are aware of how and why we are using such information.
Data protection principles
We will comply with data protection law and principles, which means that your data will be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely.
The type of information we collect about you
If you communicate with us, or do business with us, this will result in us collecting personal data about you. We will collect, store, and use the following types of personal information about you:
- Contact details such as the name, address, email, fax and telephone number of business contacts.
- Bank and transaction details such as details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical information such as includes IP address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Information about our service to you including your participation with us, your engagement with our services, your preferences and any feedback you give us.
- Information about how you use our website and services.
We do not normally collect “special categories” of sensitive personal data from our customers, suppliers or users of our website. In the event you provide us with any special category data, we will take extra care to ensure your rights are protected.
How is your personal information collected?
We collect your personal information through different methods including:
- Direct interactions with you by telephone, e-mail, phone or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you apply for our services, fill out a ‘Contact Us’ form on our website, request marketing materials be sent to you, or give us some feedback.
- Through the service we provide to you.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect technical information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies.
How we will use your personal information
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal information other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to such marketing at any time.
Purposes for which we use your personal information
We need all the categories of information in the list above (see The type of information we collect about you above) primarily to allow us to perform our contract with you and to enable us to comply with our legal obligations. In some cases, we may use your personal information to pursue legitimate interests of our own or those of third parties, provided your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. The situations in which we will process your personal information are listed below:
- To register you as a participant.
- To perform our contract or service to you.
- To manage our relationship with you, including notifying your about changes to our contract or services or asking you to provide us with feedback.
- To administer and protect the business and this website.
- To make suggestions or recommendations to you about similar goods or services that may be of interest to you.
If you fail to provide personal information
If you fail to provide certain information when requested either by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with a service.)
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Sharing your personal information
We may have to share your personal information with third parties, including third-party service providers.
We require third parties to respect the security of your personal information and to treat it in accordance with the law.
We do not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area.
Why might we share your personal information with third parties?
We will share your personal information with third parties where required by law, where it is necessary to administer the working relationship with you or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so.
Which third-party service providers process my personal information?
"Third parties" includes third-party service providers (including contractors and designated agents).
We may share your personal information with other third parties, for example in the context of the possible sale or restructuring of the business. We may also need to share your personal information with a regulator or the police or to otherwise comply with the law.
All our third-party service providers are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long do we keep your personal information for?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal information are available in our retention policy which you can request from us by contacting us.
Rights of Access, Correction, Erasure, and Restriction
Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your business relationship with us.
Your rights in relation to your personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact [email protected]. Please note, there are some specific circumstances where these rights do not apply and we can refuse to deal with your request.
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Right to withdraw consent
In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact [INSERT DETAILS]. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
We take any complaints we receive about the collection and use of personal information very seriously. We would encourage you to bring it to our attention if you think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate. You can make a complaint at any time by contacting us (see contact details section below).
If you think our collection or use of personal information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate or if you have concerns about the security of your personal information, you also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office. You can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at the following address:
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
You can e-mail us at [email protected] or write to us at the following address: Office 3-4 Farington House, Lancashire Business Park, Centurion Way, Leyland, PR26 6TW.Tel: 01772 299830