- Website: www.britishblindsport.org.uk
- Twitter: @BritBlindSport
- Contact: Lauren Impey – Participation Delivery Officer – 01926 424247 or 07929 356428
- Contact: Lyndsey Hollands – Strategic Relationship Manager – 01926 424247 or 07792 710570
At British Blind Sport, we help blind and partially sighted people get active and play sport. We encourage adults and children to participate in activities at all levels, from grassroots to the Paralympic Games.
What does British Blind Sport offer?
- Organise sporting competitions for people with visual impairments, allowing them to compete against others
Support people with visual impairments within the sports world
- Provide sight classifications to blind and partially sighted athletes to ensure a fair and equal competition
- Support the education of teachers to ensure no child with visual impairment is denied the opportunity to play
- Provide advice to clubs and coaches to enable more people with visual impairments to participate in sport
‘British Blind Sport prides itself on making a visible difference through sport as we know that taking the first step into participating in a sporting or recreational activity can change lives for the better’
Alaina MacGregor - Chief Executive Officer, British Blind Sport
British Blind Sport - Education Guidance
There are many barriers to overcome to allow those with a visual impairment to have the same opportunities as sighted people. British Blind Sport have created sport-specific educational resources to assist those who are delivering sporting sessions with support and guidance on how to include people with sight loss.
- Follow this link to read more.