Title of Vacancy : Sport and Education Coach
Contract Type: Fixed Term until 31st July 2022
Closing Date: Monday 29th November 2021 at 9am
Interview Date: Tuesday 7th December 2021 at Pendle Primary Academy
Job vacancy: Sport and Education Coach
Remuneration + benefits:
• £Competitive per annum
• 28 days holidays
• Long service holidays
• Free parking
• Subsidised gym membership
• Fixed Term until 31st July 2022
• Full time: 35 hours per week: Monday – Friday between 8am and 5pm
Location: Turf Moor, Harry Potts Way, Burnley, BB10 4BX and associated primary schools in Burnley and Pendle
Closing date: Monday 29th November 2021 @ 9am. Should an adequate number of applications be received prior to the closing date, Burnley FC reserve right to remove this advert.
Interview date: Tuesday 7th December 2021 at Pendle Primary Academy
Burnley FC in the Community (BFCitC) is the award-winning, official charity of Burnley Football Club. We work hard every day to deliver our mission to inspire, support and deliver change to communities across Burnley, Pendle, Rossendale, the Ribble Valley and West Yorkshire. We believe in the immense power of our football club to transform people’s lives for the better. We believe Burnley and Pendle is a special place – a home to extraordinary people like you. Come and be part of our story!
Premier League Primary Stars uses the appeal of the Premier League and professional football clubs to inspire children to learn, be active and develop important life skills. We are now looking to recruit to the role of Sport and Education Coach to work on this project.
The successful applicant will possess a Level 2 sport specific certificate and will have experience of working on sport-based projects within a school setting. Reporting to the Primary and Secondary School Engagement Manager, the Sport and Education Coach will be expected to:
• Take responsibility for the delivery of the Premier League Primary Stars programme within a designated cohort of schools, on behalf of BFCitC.
• To ensure meticulous planning is conducted prior to each session that is delivered, with considerations being made for individuals’ needs and requirements.
• To deliver the highest possible quality of sporting session, to a wealth of participants with varying abilities, needs and demands, in a variety of different environments, including:
National Curriculum Physical Education
Whole School Assemblies
Recreational Sport Sessions
Educational sessions (Literacy, Numeracy and PSHE workshops).
• To understand and implement the Charity’s Safeguarding policy, procedures, and best practice guidelines in your role.
• Hold a commitment to equality and diversity in the workplace and a willingness to undertake all relevant equality and diversity training.
An ideal candidate will have;
• Five GCSE’s at/above grade C or equivalent
• Level 2 sport specific certificate in a chosen sport.
• Level 1 or 2 sports certificate in a second, or multiple sports.
• Experience of working on sport-based projects.
• Experience of working in a school setting.
• Experience of delivering PE curriculum in schools.
• Full driving licence and the use of a vehicle.
• A teaching qualification (PTTLS, QTS, PGCE).
• Level 3 Certificate in Supporting PE and School Sport (AfPE) OR similar.
• Youth work qualification.
• Mental Health First Aid / Awareness certificate or similar.
• PE School Sports Certificate.
• A degree or equivalent experience in a relevant area of work.
• Experience of working in the charitable sector.
• Experience of delivering activities and interventions to raise students aspirations, resilience and promote positive wellbeing.
• Knowledge and experience of Safeguarding young people and vulnerable adults.
• Disability, Female and/or BAME specific coaching experience.
Please apply by downloading and completing the job application form which can be found on the BFC in the Community website (alternative format available upon request). BFCitC no longer accept CV’s. Burnley FC in the Community is committed to safeguarding children and young people and is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Check (DBS) which will be paid for by the employer. *Please note that due to the number of applications we receive, only candidates selected for interview will be notified.