Personal Trainer – Self Employed
Job location: YMCA St Anne’s, St Anne’s Pool, Kirkham, Garstang, Lytham, Poulton, Thornton and Fleetwood
Job type: Volunteer – 10 Hours Per Wees plus £20 per PT Session
If you are looking for a meaningful job, a caring, progressive work environment, and an opportunity to reach your fullest potential, consider a career with the YMCA.
We are seeking individuals who are inspired by playing an important role in changing people’s lives and therefore communities. We are all about creating inspirational pathways and opportunities, opening doors, and welcoming all to get involved and make a positive difference. Working for us means helping children, young people, and adults of all levels of ability and from all walks of life, to reach their full potential.
We require a self-motivated, innovative personal trainer to deliver a high standard of service within our state-of-the-art fitness suite. As part of your role you will be expected to provide a minimum of 10 hours voluntary hours shift work including early and late shifts as well as weekend work. You will be customer focused and possess excellent organisational & communication skills with the ability to work in a team as well as on your own.
The post will be a pivotal hands-on role, including overseeing and maintaining a safe & clean environment within the fitness studio, carrying out fitness inductions, front of house sales, various administration duties, delivering synergy and group exercise classes within our busy and exciting aerobics timetable and monitoring usage figures where appropriate.
You will benefit from a free gym membership across all 9 YMCA facilities and be able to develop and create a strong Personal training program within our centres.
- NVQ/CYQ in fitness instruction level 3 or equivalent experience
- Level 3 PT
- Minimum 1 years experience working with a busy fitness suite environment
- First Aid at Work Certificate.
- Group Exercise qualifications
The main duties will include:
- To carry out cleaning duties as required to ensure the facilities and equipment are always presentable and in good working order
- Ensure quality systems and standards are maintained and developed.
- To build and develop the PT program for themselves and other members of the PT team where appropriate.
To the successful candidate we offer:
- 28 days annual leave (Pro rata) (including Bank Holidays)
- Flexible working environment
- Opportunities to apply for other internal roles
- An opportunity to work for a company who offer on-going development within your role
The post holder must be aware of equal opportunity principles and comply with the YMCA Fylde Coast equal opportunity procedures. Job Share will also be considered.
For an application pack for the above role, please visit https://www.ymca-fyldecoast.org/work-with-us/
Completed applicant forms should be returned to [email protected]
Please note, that due to the high volume of applications we are currently receiving, we are only able to contact candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage.