- Remuneration + benefits: £28,000 – £33,000 p/a
- 28 days’ holiday (including bank holidays)
- Laptop provided, Mobile phone provided
- Contract type: Permanent 40 hours per week
- Flexible. Prepared to work weekends and evenings where required.
- Location: Barnfield Training Centre, Stockbridge Drive, Padiham, Burnley. BB12 8UA.
- Closing Date: Wednesday 17 July 2019
- Interview Date: W/C 22 July 2019
Burnley Football Club is an established Premier League Club that prides itself on playing a key role in the local community and investing in local people.
Burnley Academy is aspiring in the forthcoming season to reach Category 1 elite status under EPPP Youth Development rules.
The state-of-the-art training facility and academy programme provides an outstanding environment to develop both players and people.
The Academy is now looking to recruit a Foundation Phase Lead Coach to the Coaching Department. We are seeking an individual with a passion for developing young people within our foundation phase (age 9-12).
The individual will be responsible for the holistic development of the players and staff whilst enhancing and developing even further a vibrant environment based at The Barnfield Training Centre.
This role will involve working closely with the Head of Coaching, Lead Phase Coaches and age-group coaches together with other key people across the various departments within the Academy.
The Foundation Phase Lead Coach will be expected to:
- Oversee the whole phase and be present in all aspects
- Ensure the programme is in alignment with the values and beliefs of the Academ
- Support and develop the phase coaches’ performance and age-specific competencies
- Develop a vibrant programme that gives all members of the phase a well-rounded experience (tours, training and education)
- Oversee and support the review process in line with the Academy requirements
- Liaise with parents around the holistic development and expectations
- Liaise with other phase coaches and support staff to scaffold player development and the pathway
- Arrange and chair regular meetings within the phase
- Oversee player releases and signing within the phase together with the Head of Recruitment and the Head of
- Keep PMA and Club documentation up to date
- Collaborate with the Academy Manager and the Head of Coaching on all matters within the phase
- Undertake operational responsibilities of organising supplementary games, tours and tournaments whilst coordinating players and staff with the games programme
An ideal candidate will have the following essentials:
- UEFA B Coaching Licence
- Advanced Youth Award (AYA) within Foundation Phase
- Excellent knowledge and experience working within the foundation ages
- Excellent interpersonal skill and people connection
- Experience managing a programme
- Experience developing people
An ideal candidate will have the following desirables:
- UEFA A Coaching Licence
- Undergraduate degree in a sports related subject
- Mentoring experience
Applicants will need to have a flexible approach to work and be able to work evenings, weekends and match days as required. You will require a full, valid UK driving licence and access to a suitable vehicle.