- Remuneration + benefits: £22,000 – £25,000 per annum
- 28 days’ holiday (including bank holidays)
- Laptop provided
- Mobile phone provided
- Contract type: Permanent 40 hours per week
- Flexible working: Prepared to work weekends and evenings where required.
- Location: Barnfield Training Centre, Stockbridge Drive, Padiham, Burnley. BB12 8UA.
- Closing Date: Friday 2 August 2019
- Interview Date: w/c 12 August 2019
Burnley Football Club is a Premier League Club that prides itself on playing a key role in the local community and investing in local people.
Burnley Academy is aspiring in the forthcoming season to reach Category 1 elite status under EPPP Youth Development rules.
The state-of-the-art training facility and academy programme provides an outstanding environment to develop both players and people.
The Academy are seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to support the Head of Education & Welfare in delivering the strategy of the department.
This role will essentially co-ordinate and oversee the transition of academy players, mental well-being and lifestyle programme, accommodation provision, liaison with parents and developing personal development plan for players.
This role will also have a responsibility for dealing with safeguarding concerns in the absence of Head of Safeguarding.
This role will involve working closely with the Head of Education, Player Care Officer, and Lead Phase Coaches and together with other key people across the various departments within the Academy.
The Player Care Officer will be expected to:
- Support the Head of Education & Welfare to deliver the holistic development strategy of the department and Academy
- Support the transition of newly signed individuals or groups of players into the Academy through a thorough induction process
- Be an integral part of the transition team within the Academy
- Develop and co-ordinate age-specific parent workshops with schoolboy phases
- Be the designated person for liaison with parents and to ensure the parent/player voice is considered
- Develop and co-ordinate the lifestyle programme across all phases, linking in with specialist staff internally and externally
- Develop relationships with parents and players and to be the main contact for any concerns within the Academy environment
- Together with Academy staff, develop personal development plans for all players in the PDP and Day Release programme
- Support in coordinating the scholar accommodation plan and liaise closely, when necessary, with host families in the provision of accommodation for players that require it, including players on trial
- Attend weekly operational meetings and phase specific meetings as well as organising and attend any external meetings organised by the League
- Be the Safeguarding Lead for the Academy and ensure the safety and well-being of all players is adhered to at all times by the academy staff
- Ensure there is a through age-appropriate exit strategy is in place and adhered to for all players across the phases
- Help track destination data of all players released from the Academy
An ideal candidate will have the following essentials:
- Previous experience of working with young people
- Excellent knowledge of safeguarding and welfare
- Understanding of the demands of young footballers/elite performers
- Previous experience of co-ordinating programmes
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
An ideal candidate will have the following desirables:
- Knowledge in the emotional and wellbeing demands on elite performers
- Previous experience of working in a high-performance environment and/or working with elite performers
- Previous experience of leading groups of young people on trips
- Professional qualifications relevant to the role outlined
- Experience of working in an education environment
Applicants will need to have a flexible approach to work and be able to work evenings, weekends and match days as required. You will require a full, valid UK driving licence and access to a suitable vehicle.
Please apply by downloading and completing the job application form.
Burnley Football Club no longer accept CV’s.
Burnley Football Club is committed to safeguarding children and young people and is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Check (DBS).
*Please note only candidates selected for interview will be notified.