First Aid for Mental Health - Level 2Book a Place
Level 2 Award in First Aid for Mental Health
Mental Health First Aid teaches how to identify, understand and respond to signs of mental illnesses and substance use disorders. The courses introduce participants to risk factors and warning signs of mental health concerns, builds understanding of their impact and provides an overview of common treatments.
This qualification does not have an expiry date but keeping up to date with changes to policies, procedures and new legislation through ongoing CPD is vital.
This qualification is assessed through a written assessment paper and the practical demonstration of the first aid action plan for mental health.Book a Place
The 6 hour workshop covers the following and learners will be able to:
- Know what mental health is, why people develop mental health conditions and the role of a First Aider
- Know how to provide advice and practical support for a person presenting a mental health condition
- Know how to recognise and manage stress
- Know how to recognise a range of mental health conditions (stress, anxiety, psychosis, eating disorders, suicide, self-harm)
- Understand the impact of substance abuse on mental health
- Understand the first aid action plan for mental health and be able to put it in place
- Know how to implement a positive mental health culture in the workplace