Use qualitative research to provide a depth of understanding as to why, when asked in the Active People Survey, why they do not participate in sport, the main reason disabled people give for not participating is their disability or health.
- How do participants define ‘sport’ and ‘physical activity’ and what is the difference between the two?
- What benefits do those active in sport gain through their participation?
- What are the barriers that prevent disabled people from taking part in sport/physical activity such as:
- Behaviour/attitude of others
- What changes are needed to overcome these barriers?
- To what extent is the internet used as a source of information?
English Federation of Disability Sport, Mary-Anne Rankin.