BodyFit targets women with multiple and often complex needs to support them into sport as an additional intervention to assisting their journey to recovery from a number of different problems. The project delivers fun and social activities to improve confidence, health, and motivation.
Aims and outcomes
Key outcomes of the project are:
- Improved health and well-being of those participating in the programme
- Improved levels of self-esteem, confidence and skill development for continuing in activities, linked to the Mindfit programme
- Encouragement to undertake further development; training and employment opportunities for leaders and volunteers
- Development of a new team of activity leaders who can encourage and support women to participate more in sport and physical activity within their local communities.
- Creating sustainable, low cost sessions to enable the women to continue to participate after the delivery period.
For more information about the activities; visit the Facebook page www.facebook.com/LWCBodyfit or contact LSP’s Women and Girls Lead on 01772 299830.
Bodyfit Leader Case Study 2016
Fiona became interested in the BodyFit courses after volunteering at Accrington Women’s Centre. After hearing about the BodyFit training sessions and looking back on her 11 years of teaching Pilates she made a decision and says ‘’I wanted to give something back’’.