- Post Number: LT1073 / LT1090 / 1091 / LT1092 JE REF: A000
- GRADE: £3.90 per hour in year 1. National Minimum Wage for age in year 2
- To participate in two year training programme to satisfaction of employment and training providers
- Supervision of bathers and general public around the building.
- Cleaning and general maintenance.
- The assembling and dismantling of equipment for a wide variety of activities.
- Undertake duties to provide customers with a safe and pleasant recreational environment
- To gain a broad range of experienced based learning across the spectrum of services provided by the unit
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To attend work punctually according to the work rotas you are given
- To have a smart and professional appearance and to wear the correct uniform provided.
- To attend all training sessions identified as part of the scheme. This includes day release at Burnley College, attendance at site – based training, and attending development meetings with your College Supervisor
- To provide qualified pool supervision in accordance with current legislation. (Training will be given to the person appointed).
- To provide high standards of customer service and work towards excellence in all you do
- To attend regular ongoing training sessions to maintain knowledge, skills and competency required of a Lifeguard.
- To fully understand the emergency evacuation procedures and relevant Health & Safety legislation on site
- To ensure all areas of the building both internally and externally are kept to a high level of cleanliness
- To be conversant with the Health & Safety Policy and the related responsibilities relevant to the post
- To ensure the use and storage of chemicals is carried out within C.O.S.H.H. regulations
- The supervision of customers and control of the facilities such as changing areas, toilets and health suite etc
- The assembling and dismantling of equipment where appropriate in a safe and effective manner and ensuring facilities are ready for use on time
- The provision of an accurate timesheet on a weekly basis for verification by the Supervisor.
SECONDARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- All staff must adopt a high standard of customer care at all times. If a customer requires assistance, even if this does not directly relate to your job, make every effort to help or find someone who can.
- All staff are required to help to keep the facilities well maintained by picking up litter when you are in public areas and by reporting any faulty equipment or any areas requiring cleaning.
- Help to conserve energy by ensuring that the doors are closed and lights are switched off in rooms not in use.
- To undertake such other duties as may be assigned from time to time commensurate with the grading of the post.
- To work at any other Sport and Culture Services’ establishment as required by management
- To undergo further and essential training in line with the needs of the service as deemed necessary by senior management.
- Show an awareness of others roles and responsibilities and requirements in carrying out your work.
HEALTH & SAFETY
The post holder must be aware of safe working practices in connection with cleaning and housekeeping and the importance of COSHH regulations. The post holder is therefore required to have knowledge of the Service Specific Health & Safety Policy and relevant procedures and work instructions. A high standard of personal hygiene and personal presentation is required at all times. The post holder will be responsible for the health, safety, and welfare of himself / herself and other persons who may be affected by his / her actions or omissions whilst at work.
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
Burnley Leisure services are committed to maintaining the Investors in People standard. As part of this process your Line Manager will carry out a periodic Performance and Development Review (PDR) with you. The review is a “two-way” interview, which will evaluate any training/development undertaken and identify your future needs.
This Job Description summarises the major responsibilities of the post. It is not intended to exclude other activities, nor future changes from the postholder’s responsibilities.
Appointment to this post is subject to the receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
How to apply
For more information on how to become an apprentice visit: www.burnley.gov.uk/jobs Posts are subject to DBS clearance. For more information visit www.burnleyleisure.co.uk For an informal discussion regarding this post, please contact Heather Alexander on 01282 664444 Interviews and pool test held week commencing 16th March 2020