- Organisation: Burnley FC in the Community
- Salary: £18,000 - £20,000 plus OTE of £1,000
- Contract Type: Fixed Term
- Closing Date: Monday 26th August 2019 - 5:00pm
- Interview Date: W/C Monday 2nd September 2019
Burnley FC in the Community (BFCitC) is the award-winning, official charity of Burnley Football Club. We work hard every day to deliver our mission to inspire, support and deliver change to communities across Burnley, Pendle, Rossendale, the Ribble Valley and West Yorkshire. We work with over 70 local, regional and national partners in five key areas: Sport, Education, Health, Social Inclusion and Community Facilities.
Our highly skilled, dynamic and passionate team now deliver over 50 community projects that touch the lives of a huge spectrum of people in and around Burnley. From children and young people right through to senior citizens. We believe in the immense power of our football club to transform people’s lives for the better.
This role will be enhanced by access to other BFCitC facilities including our brand-new, state of the art leisure facility - Leisure Box, Whitehough Outdoor Activity Centre and UCFB at Turf Moor. Come and be part of our story! The charity is now looking to recruit to the role of NCS Officer. NCS is a voluntary personal and social development programme, which helps 16 and 17-year-old participants to become engaged with their communities, as well as empowering them to become active, responsible citizens.
This role is an excellent opportunity to be involved with the delivery of an exciting programme which has tangible results for the young people involved. This role is demanding and fast-pasted yet highly rewarding.
The successful candidate will work closely with the NCS Manager and be expected to:
- Support the NCS Manager to build awareness and excitement of the programme amongst 16 and 17-year-old students across secondary schools, sixth forms, colleges and youth groups
- You will be required to attend several overnight residential's throughout the year
- Deliver presentations and other agreed recruitment events to all allocated secondary schools, non-mainstream schools, colleges, and other organisations that engage with the 15 to 17-year-old age group
- Achieve weekly, monthly and seasonal recruitment targets set by NCS partners
- Continue to develop and facilitate the local graduate extension phase
- Maintain open communication with the NCS team to ensure efficient and effective working
- Use online platform to manage, track and record data relating to NCS
- Liaise with key contacts in non-school organisations, schools (mainstream and non-mainstream), parents and guardians, and external organisations to appropriately monitor recruitment, programme quality and implementation of NCS
- Set and maintain high standards in all aspects of work
- Be able to work flexible and unsociable hours where the role of the job requires
- Promote the Burnley FC in the Community brand and ethos in a strong and positive manner
- Work alongside other team members to support in other areas of the organisation as and when required to promote best practice
- Hold a commitment to equality and diversity in the workplace and a willingness to undertake all relevant equality and diversity training
- Understand and comply with safeguarding policies and procedure outlined by NCS Trust, Burnley FC in the Community and other partners in relation to young people, staff, the NCS contract and Burnley FC in the Community
- Work towards agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Comply with all Charity policies
An ideal candidate will have:
- GCSE grade 5/C or above in Math’s and English
- Experience of working with young people aged 16 and 17-year-old
- Knowledge and experience of safeguarding requirements when working with young people and/or vulnerable adults
- Excellent face to face, verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated and conscientious with a determination to succeed
- A full, valid UK driving licence and access to a suitable vehicle or have alternative means of transport
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent
- Experience of working on the National Citizens Service (NCS) programme
- Sales experience
- Experience presenting to various sized groups
- Experience working within the education system (particularly in high school or college)
- Experience with salesforce next gen or similar CRM
- Meticulous standards
- A friendly, positive ‘can do’ and courteous attitude
- An organised and efficient approach to work
Please apply by downloading and completing the job application form which can be found on Burnley FC in the Community website – Careers and Opportunities. Burnley FC in the Community no longer accept CV’s.
Burnley FC in the Community is committed to safeguarding children and young people and is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Check (DBS).
*Please note only candidates selected for interview will be notified.
IF YOU REQUIRE THE APPLICATION FORM IN AN ALTERNATIVE FORMAT THEN PLEASE CONTACT THE HR MANAGER ON EITHER OF THE FOLLOWING: ADDRESS: BFCITC, TURF MOOR, HARRY POTTS WAY, BURNLEY, LANCASHIRE BB10 4BX. TELEPHONE: 01282 704716 EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org