- Organisation: YMCA Wyre & YMCA Fylde
- Hours: 37.5 Hours Per Week
- Salary: £9.21 Per Hour
If you are looking for a meaningful job, a caring, progressive work environment and an opportunity to reach your fullest potential, consider a career with the YMCA.
We are seeking individuals who are inspired by playing an important role in changing people’s lives and therefore communities. We are all about creating inspirational pathways and opportunities, opening doors and welcoming all to get involved and make a positive difference. Working with us means helping children, youth, adults and seniors at all levels of ability, from all walks of life, to develop their self esteem and potential in new ways.
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual with good basic knowledge of building maintenance, to assist commercial and domestic sites with all general maintenance issues across a number of facilities. The role is wide and varied and will cover a broad spectrum of day to day running issues and preventative maintenance.
You will be required to travel between sites, so a full valid driving licence is essential.
The main duties will include:
- To carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance schedules across multiple sites on a monthly, quarterly, six monthly and annual basis
- To carry out general maintenance tasks, to include the examples below
- Plumbing – Cistern / Toilet replacements
- Joinery – Door replacements / Worktop replacements
- Groundworks – Reseating concrete flagging
- All other general maintenance duties
- To use all Information Technology effectively, such as Microsoft office and Omniledger software
- To ensure all stock is stored and maintained within Health & Safety requirements
- To order materials for sites efficiently, using purchase order system effectively or directed procedures
- To use and maintain a range of tools and equipment associated with the above, including I.T equipment provided
- To ensure all YMCA vehicles are maintained and kept clean and tidy and are roadworthy whenever in use.
To the successful candidate we offer:
- 28 days annual leave (Pro rata) (including Bank Holidays)
- Flexible working environment
- Opportunities to apply for other internal roles
- An opportunity to work for a company who offer on-going development within your role
- The post holder must be aware of equal opportunity principles and comply with the Fylde Coast YMCA’s equal opportunity procedures
- Job Share will also be considered
For an application pack for the above role, please visit ymca-fyldecoast.org/work-with-us
Completed applicant forms should be returned to email@example.com
Closing date for the role is Wednesday 31st July 2019 by 3.00pm. Applications submitted and/or received after this time will not be considered. Previous applicants need not re-apply.
Please note, that due to the high volume of applications we are currently receiving, we are only able to contact candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage. If you have not been contacted within 5 working days of the closing date, then please presume that you have not been successful on this occasion.