- Organisation: YMCA Kirkham
- Hours: Bank Staff - As & When Required
- Salary: Up to 24 years – National Minimum Wage Rate of £7.70 / hour 25 years and over – National Living Wage Rate of £8.21 / hour
If you are looking for a meaningful job, a caring, progressive work environment and an opportunity to reach your fullest potential, consider a career with the YMCA.
We are seeking individuals who are inspired by playing an important role in changing people’s lives and therefore communities. We are all about creating inspirational pathways and opportunities, opening doors and welcoming all to get involved and make a positive difference. Working for us means helping children, young people and adults of all levels of ability and from all walks of life, to reach their full potential.
YMCA Kirkham is looking for an As & When Required Lifeguard to join our team. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual that has experience in lifeguarding and holds a current National Pool Lifeguard Qualification.
The main duties will include:
- To interact with the public responsibly and welcome all users of the facilities, promoting a positive image of the facility by the provision of high quality customer service
- To comply with the Pool Safe Operating Procedures at all times
- To maintain a vigilant watch of the swimming pool areas in accordance with the operating procedures and take necessary action to ensure the safety of all pool users and staff
- To check the safety of equipment in areas of responsibility and report any damage or malfunction of equipment, plant or building fabric to the Duty Manager or General Manager immediately after discovery
- To carry out general cleaning duties of the pool and surrounding environment
- To ensure that a consistently high level of cleanliness and hygiene is maintained throughout the facilities at all times
To the successful candidate we offer:
- 28 days annual leave (Pro rata) (including Bank Holidays)
- Flexible working environment
- Opportunities to apply for other internal roles
- An opportunity to work for a company who offer on-going development within your role
The post holder must be aware of equal opportunity principles and comply with the YMCA Fylde Coast equal opportunity procedures. Job Share will also be considered.
For an application pack for the above role, please visit ymca-fyldecoast.org/work-with-us
Completed applicant forms should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org