- Job title: Head Sports Coach
- Place of work: Roefield Leisure Centre, Edisford Road, Clitheroe
- Responsible to: Duty Manager, Centre Manager and Sports Development Officer
- Closing date: 10th January 2020
A fantastic opportunity has risen to work for a flourishing Leisure Centre based in the heart of the Ribble Valley. This is a great opportunity for someone wanting to progress their career as a Gymnastics Coach.
All candidates need to be at least Level 1 qualified in Gymnastics, ideally Level 2 working towards Level 3.
To coach gymnastic activities to a variety of participants at all abilities, ensuring their safe supervision and enjoyment.
To adhere to the Code of Conduct
- Always operate within the code of conduct, rules and fair spirit of the sport and instruct the participants to do the same.
- Promote Fair Play and high standards of behaviour.
- Never engage in, or tolerate, offensive, insulting or abusive language or behaviour.
- Place the well-being, safety and enjoyment of each participant above everything, including winning.
- Explain exactly what is expected of participants and what they can expect from me.
- Never engage in or tolerate any form of bullying.
- Develop mutual trust and respect with every participant to build their self-esteem.
- Ensure all activities organised are appropriate for the participant’s ability level, age and maturity.
- Always ensure that the time participants spend with you as coach is a positive experience. All participants are deserving of equal attention and opportunities.
- Ensure that sporting equipment and facilities meet safety standards and are appropriate to the age and ability of all participants.
- Display control, respect and professionalism to all involved within the sport.
- Where appropriate obtain qualifications and keep up to date with the latest coaching practices and the latest principles of growth and development of children.
- Ensure any physical contact with a child is appropriate to the situation and necessary for the player’s skill development or medical care.
- Respect the rights of all participants regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
- Promote Roefield and all its activities with in the local area and community.
- Keep an accurate record of hours worked and ensure timesheets are filled in regularly and correctly.
- Ensure Invoices (If applicable) are accurate, up to date and delivered to the accounts department on time by the beginning of the month.
- Teach and lead sports courses within the schools activity programmes.
- Reach targets set by the Centre Manager and courses coordinator regarding numbers of participants and income generated.
- Accurately record each child’s ability in the form of a progression report.
- Ensure full attention is on the session and children at all times. The use of mobile phones is strictly prohibited.
- Arrive on time for each session and present in the sportshall to greet the children and sign them in as they arrive.
- Work closely with the parents to keep them up to date and informed of their children’s progression, abilities, enjoyment and work criteria of the sessions.
- Monitor other coaches in their performance, progression and work conduct and how each student within their sessions is progressing.
- Be responsible and supervise the other coaches within the sessions.
- Report to the Centre Manager, Gymnastics Co-ordinator and Sports Development Officer on a regular basis regarding the development of the course and the participant’s individual abilities and progression.
- Any other duties commensurate with your grade as directed by the Duty Manager and Centre Manager.
- Shift work and weekend work is a feature of this employment.
- Flexibility to change or cover shift during staff holidays or sickness is deemed necessary.
- To work in other areas of the centre as deemed necessary by the Centre Manager. Training will be given on these areas.
If you are interested and would like more details or would like to apply please contact Mick on 07803 479077 or email email@example.com