- Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
- Contract Type: Permanent - 35hrs per week- Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm. However, you may be sometimes required to work outside of normal office hours, such as evenings, weekends and match days.
- 28 days’ holiday (including bank holidays).
- Subsidised gym membership.
- Closing Date: 26.02.2020
- Interview Date: W/C 09.03.2020
Burnley FC in the Community is the award-winning, official charity of Burnley Football Club. We work hard every day to deliver our mission to inspire, support and deliver change to communities across Burnley, Pendle, Rossendale, Ribble Valley and West Yorkshire.
We work with over 70 local, regional and national partners in five key areas: Sport, Education, Health, Social Inclusion and Community Facilities. Our highly skilled, dynamic and passionate team now deliver over 50 community projects that touch the lives of a huge spectrum of people in and around Burnley.
From children and young people right through to senior citizens. Day-by-day the outreach of our work is growing and along with our brand-new state of the art leisure facility – The Leisure Box, Whitehough Outdoor Activity Centre and UCFB at Turf Moor; truly exciting things are happening at Burnley FC in the Community. We believe in the immense power of our football club to transform people’s lives for the better.
We believe Burnley is a special place – a home to extraordinary people like you. Come and be part of our story! The charity is now looking to recruit to the role of Head of Finance.
This role will require the candidate to assume responsibility for managing, maintaining and developing the financial function of the charity. The Head of Finance is also responsible for all financial reporting as defined in the charity’s Financial Control Policy and for the implementation and further development of all financial processes and controls.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Head of Finance will be expected to carry out the following roles and responsibilities:
- Monitor the financial performance of the charity and its trading subsidiary.
- Prepare, review, implement, reposition and monitor the organisational budgets.
- Perform regular finance business partnering with appropriate budget holders and/or members of the senior management team.
- Prepare comprehensive monthly management accounts for the Chief Executive Officer and Board of Trustees.
- Present financial position, financial performance and other appropriate items to the Board of Trustees at their quarterly governance meetings.
- Prepare annual consolidated group and trading subsidiary statutory accounts, notes to the accounts and annual reports.
- Principal liaison with appointed statutory auditors and with HM Revenue & Customs.
- Payroll and Workplace Pensions manager for the charity.
- Perform, attest and submit quarterly VAT returns for the charity and monthly VAT returns for its trading subsidiary.
- Further develop strategies for VAT and Gift Aid.
- Assume responsibility for timely, accurate and complete financial reporting to the Premier League Charitable Fund, to other grant donors, and to other contract parties.
- Implement and further develop efficient processes, systems and controls for the finance function and wider functions as appropriate.
- Oversee the charity’s grant inventory and oversee administration of grants.
- Oversee the charity’s principal risk inventory.
- Evaluate the need for new technologies to meet the charity’s financial reporting requirements.
- Complete Charity Commission and Companies House returns as appropriate.
- Be a member of the charity’s Senior Management Team, applying appropriate operational leadership in contribution to the charity’s objectives.
- Line manage one Finance Administrator and one Grants Administrator.
An ideal candidate will be;
- A qualified accountant.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Meticulous with excellent attention to detail.
- An effective communicator who is able to build and sustain positive relationships with governing bodies, businesses, partners, regulators, funders and other stakeholders.
The successful candidate will have;
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar financial management role.
- Excellent working knowledge of charity finance and governance compliance.
- Experience of implementing and developing formal policies.
- Excellent working knowledge and experience with accounting software (particularly Sage).
- Experience of immediate term and longer term cashflow modelling and forecasting.
- Experience of collating data from many different sources and systems and quickly translating it into information.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, most particularly Microsoft Excel skills.
- A commitment to equality and diversity in the workplace and a willingness to undertake all relevant equality and diversity training.
- A flexible approach to work and be able to work occasional evenings, weekends and match days as required.
Please apply by downloading and completing the job application form which can be found on Burnley FC in the Community website. Burnley FC in the Community no longer accept CVs.
If You Require the application form in an alternative format then please contact the HR manager on either of the following addresses: BFCITC, Turf Moor, Harry Potts Way, Burnley, Lancashire BB10 4BX. Telephone: 01282 704716 email: email@example.com
Burnley FC in the Community is committed to safeguarding children and young people and is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Check (DBS).
*Please note only candidates selected for interview will be notified.