- Organisation: YMCA Thornton
- Hours: Part-Time – 7 Hours per week
- Salary: Up to 24 years – National Minimum Wage Rate of £7.70 / hour 25 years and over – National Living Wage Rate of £8.21 / hour
- Closing Date: Tuesday 28th May 2019
If you are looking for a meaningful job, a caring, progressive work environment and an opportunity to reach your fullest potential, consider a career with the YMCA.
We are seeking individuals who are inspired by playing an important role in changing people’s lives and therefore communities. We are all about creating inspirational pathways and opportunities, opening doors and welcoming all to get involved and make a positive difference. Working for us means helping children, young people and adults of all levels of ability and from all walks of life, to reach their full potential.
We are seeking a highly motivated Level 1or 2 qualified women’s Artistic Gymnastics Coach or equivalent to assist with running our Gymnastics programme. You should have good organisation skills; interpersonal and communication skills; and the ability to build strong relationships with children, parents and colleagues.
You will need enthusiasm to work with children. You should be able to work on your own initiative and as part of a team with customer service skills that can deliver exceptional results for YMCA Thornton.
The main duties will include:
- Teach any and all groups through all rotations that are considered safe by current standards.
- Explain and demonstrate age appropriate gymnastics skills.
- Observe and assist participants in acquiring new skills.
- Set up equipment specific to each class.
- Check equipment and gym regularly to ensure a safe environment for participants
- Report accidents and injuries that occur during class.
- Administer first-aid as necessary.
- Inform parents of program policies and information.
To the successful candidate we offer:
- 28 days annual leave (Pro rata) (including Bank Holidays)
- Flexible working environment
- Opportunities to apply for other internal roles
- An opportunity to work for a company who offer on-going development within your role
The post holder must be aware of equal opportunity principles and comply with the YMCA Fylde Coast equal opportunity procedures. Job Share will also be considered.
For an application pack for the above role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for the role is Tuesday 28th May 2019 by 9:00am. Applications submitted and/or received after this time will not be considered.
Please note, that due to the high volume of applications we are currently receiving, we are only able to contact candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage. If you have not been contacted within 5 working days of the closing date, then please presume that you have not been successful on this occasion.