To set up, co-ordinate and manage a range of sports participation programmes throughout the year achieving ambitious targets agreed with funding partners. This role has responsibility for supporting our holiday clubs and family sessions. Working as part of the wider Sport and Play Development function to deliver a range of activities and events including coaching in schools.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for co-ordination and delivery of the coaching in schools programme, liaising with the School Games Organiser and teaching staff and allocating coaching resources effectively
- Create and maintain effective and active links with schools, sports clubs and groups in the community, widening and promoting the Get in2 offer
- Identify opportunities to develop and co-ordinate sport initiatives and events aimed at increasing participation and widening access through minimising practical and social barriers to participation by engaging with local organisations, schools, colleges, clubs and other priority groups
- Be responsible for safety of all participants, including risk assessment and review of all activities and activity venues
- Responsible for making bookings for programme activities in school and community venues where necessary
- Responsible for session planning, promotions, communication through various media about the project and appropriate to the target group
- Make use of and maintain monitoring and evaluation systems for the collection of data required by funders and other partners
- Undertake appropriate marketing and publicity of projects, sessions and events, making use of all available media including social media, press and radio
- Weekend and evening working is a requirement of this post
- Build and sustain effective local partnerships with community groups, schools, colleges, Council departments
- To attend training identified as necessary to undertake current and future job requirements
- To undertake such other duties and responsibilities as are commensurate with the salary grading of the post.
- To work actively to promote community cohesion, good race relations and equality of opportunity.
Click here for the Personal Specification