- Location: YMCA Lytham
- Hours: Part-Time – 30 Hours Per Week
- Days: 5 of 7 days will include evenings and weekend’s
- Salary £9.21 Per Hour
- Closing Date: Tuesday 22nd October 2019, by 3:00pm
If you are looking for a meaningful job, a caring, progressive work environment and an opportunity to reach your fullest potential, consider a career with the YMCA.
We are seeking individuals who are inspired by playing an important role in changing people’s lives and therefore communities. We are all about creating inspirational pathways and opportunities, opening doors and welcoming all to get involved and make a positive difference. Working with us means helping children, youth, adults and seniors at all levels of ability, from all walks of life, to
develop their self esteem and potential in new ways.
We are looking for a Fitness Supervisor to oversee all fitness operations across our Lytham Leisure site. You will need to possess high standards with a customer focussed mind-set along with excellent organisational skills.
Your main areas of responsibility will include:
- To lead, manage and organise all aspects of the fitness studio’s day to day operations, ensuring they are carried out efficiently and economically within agreed policies and procedures.
- To implement systems which ensure the fitness studios are presented, cleaned and maintained to a high standard.
- To ensure all fitness equipment is serviced and maintained in line with manufacturer’s recommendations and guidelines.
- To ensure the gym is supervised during all opening times and that staff are interacting with and motivating customers whilst carrying their duties in a safe and professional manner.
- To build a high-profile rapport with customers and create an excellent quality ‘customer experience’ within the fitness studios.
• To carry out duties of other members of staff as required including inductions, consultations, writing programmes, cleaning and undertaking basic maintenance.
- To create an exciting and varied group exercise programme to meet the needs of centre members and customers.
- A hands-on role which may require occasional evenings and weekend working as the operational needs of the facilities or organisation dictate.
To the successful candidate we offer:
- Flexible working environment.
- Opportunities to apply for other internal roles.
- An opportunity to work for a company who offer on-going development within your role.
- The post holder must be aware of equal opportunity principles and comply with the Fylde Coast YMCA’s equal opportunity procedures.
- Job Share will also be considered.
For an application pack for the above role, please visit https://www.ymca-fyldecoast.org/work-with-us/
Completed applicant forms should be returned to email@example.com
Closing date for the role is Tuesday 22nd October 2019, by 3:00pm. Applications received after this time will not be considered.
Please note, that due to the high volume of applications we are currently receiving, we are only able to contact candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage, if you have not been contacted within 5 days of the closing date, then please presume that you have not been successful on this occasion.