- Organisation: Fylde Rugby Club Community Department
- Salary: £15.00 to £22.50 per hour
- Contract Type: Part time, casual
- Closing Date: 30/04/2020
Fylde Rugby Club's Community Team are recruiting! Fylde RFC's community sports coaches work with several different schools, colleges and other organisations on the Fylde Coast and wider area. The team provide quality multi-sports and tag rugby coaching across a variety of disciplines and activities to a diverse range of ages and abilities. Role As a Community Sports Coach for Fylde Rugby Club you will report to the Head of Community and be responsible for delivering player-centred sports coaching across various programmes in the local community.
You will establish and develop relationships with local teachers, PE coordinators and the wider community in general by delivering a quality service to those you engage with. To succeed in this role, you must have current experience of coaching sport to primary school age children or teaching/assisting in the same environment and be engaging, patient and reliable.
- To deliver high quality multi-sports coaching sessions to primarily school age children, however also to people of all ages, genders and abilities, within schools, colleges, rugby clubs and in the local community.
- To ensure the safety and welfare of all participants during coaching and training sessions.
- To take a professional approach to the planning, preparation and organization of coaching and training sessions. Report participant and session data to the HoC at Fylde RFC, as and when required.
- To maintain a sound knowledge of the club’s safeguarding policies, reporting procedures and process of communication.
- To deliver and assist in the planning and promotion of holiday camps, festivals and tournaments.
- Subject to enhanced DBS application check. (Essential)
- Possess an NGB Level 2 sports coaching qualification in any sport or evidence to show you are working towards this. (Essential)
- First Aid qualified. (Desirable)
- Safeguarding certificate or evidence of recent safeguarding training. (Desirable)
- Experience in delivering sports coaching to primary school age children of different ages and abilities. (Essential)
- Experience in either of the state or independent education sectors. (Desirable)
- Clean and valid UK driving licence. (Essential)
- Committed to equal opportunities in employment and sport. (Essential)
Contract: The contract will be on a part-time casual basis with hours as and when required, rates of pay range from £15.00 to £22.50 per hour. Additional training and qualifications are available for the right applicants.
How to apply
Please email your CV and a brief covering letter to Gavin Butterworth, Head of Community, Fylde RFC at firstname.lastname@example.org