Organisation: International Mixed Ability Sports (IMAS)
Salary: based on skills and experience will be £24,174 pro rata with 28 days holiday including 8 bank holidays
Contract type: 2-year fixed term contract with a potential extension to a 3rd year subject to funding.
Closing Date: 13th July 2020
Interview Date: Not yet known
International Mixed Ability Sports (IMAS) is an award-winning not-for-profit organisation, who promote a radical change in the way we think of, join in, and enjoy sport, leading to a fairer and more equal society. Mixed Ability was conceived to promote social inclusion and meaningful interaction between individuals and groups who would not necessarily share paths in their local communities. Over the past 10 years, the model has been adopted by more than 15 sports across more than 10 countries.
You can find more information about IMAS on: www.mixedabilitysports.org
International Mixed Ability Sports (IMAS) is an award-winning not-for-profit organisation, who promote a radical change in the way we think of, join in, and enjoy sport, leading to a fairer and more equal society. Mixed Ability was conceived to promote social inclusion and meaningful interaction between individuals and groups who would not necessarily share paths in their local communities. Over the past 10 years, the model has been adopted by more than 15 sports across 10 different countries.
You can find more information about us on: www.mixedabilitysports.org IMAS YouTube Channel Or on our social media accounts:
IMAS will receive Sport England funding with the aim to grow the Mixed Ability Model across the North of England and lay the foundations for organisational sustainability.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join the team and make a significant contribution to the future direction of our organisation, as well as to positively change the lives of many people.
We are seeking an experienced, passionate, and committed Business Development Manager who can support the Directors in developing and trialling new products, grow our income and contribute to achieving financial sustainability. You will have a pivotal role in shaping our business strategy, transformational vision and the growth of our offer. Your support of the management of a large day to day operation will be instrumental in guaranteeing innovation, efficiency, quality and success.
The successful candidate will have some relevant experience in the corporate sector, a track record of successfully developing, marketing and selling new products and services, as well as an understanding of financial planning and financial management.
Why now? Many of the participants have experienced – or still, experience – exclusion, social isolation, and segregation daily because of their perceived diversity. Mixed Ability is their only asset, access to their physical, social, and mental wellbeing, a space of equality, rights and equal opportunities. It is, in short, a crucial part of their identity.
With the current and fast deteriorating situation created by COVID-19, we believe ‘physical distancing’ should not turn into ‘social isolation’.
New initiatives and projects are needed. Bold, innovative ideas to ensure so we keep promoting social inclusion and social cohesion.
The application process The closing date for applications is 12noon on Monday the 13th of July 2020, however we encourage early applications. Interested candidates shall send their CV jointly with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the reference: “BDM Application”.
General enquiries or requests for an informal conversation about the role can be made to the same email address. Applications will be reviewed as received. After the closing date, shortlisted applicants will be invited to complete an online interview including a presentation. We look forward to hearing from you!
Main job purpose
1. To facilitate the growth and expansion of IMAS
2. To support the Directors in the development of business growth strategies and deliver sponsorship targets
3. To create and convert sales opportunities with the support of the Directors
4. To develop a network of contacts and stakeholders to create opportunities for expansion
5. To attract corporate sponsorship funding
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Work closely with IMAS Directors to ensure company strategies and sales and development targets are met.
2. Sell IMAS products and programmes to new and existing customers in association with Directors
3. Research and identify potential sponsor organisations and ascertain the decision makers
4. Maintain a database of contacts, stakeholders, interested parties and others for use during sales and promotion drives
5. To support the marketing and promotion of IMAS activities and develop the overall marketing strategy to promote IMAS and Mixed Ability Sports
6. To attend events and conferences as appropriate
7. Make presentations to stakeholders and customers promoting the Mixed Ability programme
8. Ensure that budgets and financial records are maintained and reported effectively to the IMAS board.
9. To collect, collate and present monitoring information in line with the requirements of sponsors / partners. To ensure that information is collected around the outputs, outcomes and social value of both sponsors and IMAS
Business Development Manager Criteria E or D* S or I**
Knowledge and experience -
Understanding and experience of working in corporate sponsorship
- Understanding the cycle of income generation and how that meets the targets of the sponsoring bodies
- Demonstrable success in income generation in the corporate sector
- Understanding of the Mixed Ability Model – (full understanding post appointment)
- Project management experience
- Budget management experience
- Understanding and experience of working in the Sport and Disability sector, with particular reference to social inclusion and barriers to participation
- Understanding and experience of financial planning and management, including production of management information, cash flow forecasts and reports for Directors and Boards
- Experience of managing multiple, diverse streams of funding
- Experience of working with Directors to develop business strategies and funding bids
- Experience of business development in the 3rd sector
Skills and attributes
- Ability to develop and maintain successful networks of contacts and stakeholders
- Proven leadership, problem solving, teamwork and decision-making skills
- Ability to present complex information in an accurate and appropriate format
- Self-starter who shows initiative and takes personal responsibility for completing tasks
- Inspires trust and has credibility when talking to potential and existing partners
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and IT skills, including CRM databases
- Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines whilst remaining calm
- Shows confidence when talking to a variety of people
- Ability to respond flexibly and calmly to new and unexpected situations
- Good time management and organizational skills, with excellent attention to detail
- Flexible, adaptable and dedicated
- Educated to degree level with sales, marketing or business development experience
– proven business development/sales experience more important
- Driving license
This post is based at our Head Office in Bradford (flexible working possible)
Post will require travel within England
The post is 2-year fixed term contract with a potential extension to a 3rd year subject to funding.
All contracts are subject to a six-month probationary period and clear enhanced DBS checks.
Salary based on skills and experience will be £24,174 pro rata with 28 days holiday including 8 bank holidays. Flexible working hours are available for this post.