- Salary: Grade J £42,821 - £46,845 p/a
- Closing date: Wednesday 5pm 11th August 2021.
- Assessment and Interviews will take place over 24th, 25th and 26th August 2021.
We are seeking someone with the desire, drive and commitment to build strong partnerships and shape the future of physical activity provision across Pennine Lancashire. If you are passionate about making a difference to the quality of life, wellbeing and health of local people, then this is the role for you.
Pennine Lancashire was chosen by Sport England as 1 of 12 places to work with on bold new approaches to build healthier, more active communities across England. The Local Delivery Pilot in Pennine Lancashire is called Together an Active Future or ‘TaAF’ and has been allocated £10m in funding to deliver this ground-breaking programme (see hyperlink below).
Over the past 18 months a programme of work across Pennine Lancashire called the Active Lifestyle Hub (ALH) has focused on structured physical activity interventions, long term condition management and health coaching. In consultation with Sport England and regional partners and in recognition of the strength of the progress of the ALH so far, it has been agreed that more strategic leadership capacity is needed to continue to drive this exciting and evolving programme and ensure it has the best chance of making a real difference.
This role is being hosted by Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council, but will work as part of TaAF, working directly with teams spread across Local Authorities and Leisure Trusts within Pennine Lancashire.
To be effective in this role, you will be a person who:
- can see the bigger picture and bring people on board with what we’re trying to achieve
- builds relationships, encourages, facilitates, influences
- is confident in offering constructive challenge where needed and inviting debate and discussion
- embraces and drives change, innovation and new ways of working
Working location can be flexible but some travel will be likely when national guidance permits.
To meet Richard and hear a bit about his views on this role, click here.
Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council is committed to stopping the spread of COVID 19 and therefore any successful candidates will be required to take part in mandatory regular lateral flow tests.
Please carefully read the key requirements document and within your CV and covering letter clearly articulate how you meet the requirements of this job.
- Apply online via the Blackburn with Darwen Council Website.
The listing may be closed before the closing date should sufficient applicants have been received.