Understanding Young People from Disadvantaged CommunitiesBook a Place
This workshop will bring to life new and existing research to help learners to gain a better understanding of some of the issues that influence young people’s lives, and how this can have an impact on their sports participation levels. This interactive workshop will draw upon experiences in the room, challenging learners to think about the young people they work with, and the wider issues that they face on a day to day basis.Book a Place
By the end of this workshop you will be able to:
- Understand the key influences and what’s important to young people in their lives
- Understand the importance of friendship groups and key influencers on young people when they are making lifestyle decisions
- Understand the importance of creating a personal identity and the impact on young people’s lives
- Understand typical participation pathways and explore young people’s journey through sport
- Identify top tips to create the right sporting offer for young people.