- Date: 3rd February and 10th February 2019
- Location: Bolton St Catherine's Academy, Stitch-Mi-Lane, Harwood, Bolton, Gt Manchester
- Price: £199 (Non Members)
£179 (Gold Members)
The 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Rounders (UKCC Level 1) is the first qualification within the coaching structure. This 2 day course provides the knowledge for assistant coaches (working alongside a qualified NRA Level 2 or UKCC Level 2 Coach) to deliver Rounders activities.
Learners need to be at least 15 years old to register for and attend the course; however they cannot be certified for the 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Rounders until they are 16 years of age.
To provide you with an introduction to the principles and practices of coaching safe and ethical Rounders activities to adults and young people. The qualification will help you to understand how to deliver aspects of coaching sessions, normally under direct supervision of more qualified coaches.
By successfully completing a Level 1 coaching qualification, as part of a UKCC endorsed coach education programme, coaches will be able to:
- Prepare for the delivery of coaching activities
- Deliver prepared activities of the coaching sessions
- Evaluate the effectiveness of coaching activities
On successful completion of this qualification you should be able to:
- Establish working relationships with the participants and others
- Establish a safe working environment
- Prepare for activities, taking into account participants’ needs and motives
- Contribute to the creation of a safe working environment
- Prepare the participants for the coaching activities
- Deliver prepared activities
- Support participants’ behaviour
- Conclude the activities
- Review the activities
- Contribute to the evaluation of participants
- Develop personal practice continuously.
What you need to bring
You will need to come in sportswear as participants will be expected to take part in the activities. Please also bring refreshments as Rounders England cannot guarantee these facilities at the course venues.
What you will receive
- Level 1 Coaching Handbook
- Level 1 Skills Cards
- Small Games Cards
- 1 months Gold membership to Rounders England, following completion of the course, which includes combined liability cover
£199 (Non Members)
£179 (Gold Members)
If you would like further information about any of our courses or if you would like to be added to the waiting list, email or call the Workforce team on 0114 248 0357 with your area of residence to be kept informed of any future courses.