- Date: Saturday 23rd February 2019
- Time: 10am - 1pm
- Location: Active Lancashire, Offices 3-4, Farington House, Lancashire Business Park, PR26 6TW
Are you due to renew and update your Safeguarding & Protecting Children? As it is one of the minimum standards you are required to renew it every three years.
This workshop aims to increase awareness of Safeguarding and Protecting Children, helping coaches to recognise signs of abuse and poor practice, and deal sensitively and effectively with issues that arise. It also prompts a review of coaching practice to ensure that sport provides a positive and enriching experience for children.
This course will:
- Identify and recognise good coaching practice and the implications for them.
- Explore their values and feelings in relation to child abuse, and recognise how these may potentially impact on their response.
- Recognise and respond to the signs and symptoms of child abuse and poor practice.
- Take appropriate action if concerns about a child arise.
To book places on this course please click here