Safeguarding Adults in SportBook a Place
Safeguarding adults is a responsibility for every sport and physical activity organisation. Getting this right will ensure a wider participation in sport or physical activity and ensure safe access for everyone.
This course aims to provide awareness of safeguarding adults at risk to anyone within a sport or physical activity organisation.
The 3 hour workshop covers the following and learners will be able to:
- Support a safer environment
- Look at how to contribute to creating a safer environment for adult participants.
- What is safeguarding?
- Define what safeguarding is and how it applies to sports and activity organisations.
- Indicators of concern and types of abuse
- Examine key indicators of abuse and learning to recognise the different types of abuse on adults
- Your role within safeguarding
- Understand what your role is and your responsibilities in terms of safeguarding and participant’s welfare.