Mental Health First Aid - Level 3 (2 day course)Book a Place
Mental health includes our emotional, psychological and social well-being. It affects how we think, feel and act. It also helps determine how we handle stress, relate to others and make choices.
Mental illness covers a very broad range of mental health problems which can involve changes to our thoughts, emotions, behaviours and relationships with others. Mental illnesses are associated with distress and problems functioning in our day-to-day lives.
First Aid for mental health is the initial support provided to a person experiencing a mental health problem until professional help is received or until the crisis is resolved.
The courses below give attendees varying levels of understanding into Mental Health. Entry level is an awareness raising course through to a qualified Mental Health First Aider.Book a Place
LEVEL 3 AWARD : SUPERVISING FIRST AID FOR MENTAL HEALTH
Level 3 Award in Supervising First Aid for Mental Health subject to assessment
This qualification does not have an expiry date but keeping up to date with changes to policies, procedures and new legislation through ongoing CPD is vital.
- Know what mental health is, why people develop mental health conditions and the role of a First Aider
- Know how to provide advice and practical support for a person presenting a mental health condition
- Know how to recognise and manage stress
- Understand the impact of substance abuse on mental health
- Understand the first aid action plan for mental health and be able to put it in place
- Know how to implement a positive mental health culture in the workplace
- Understand a range of mental health disorders and the support / therapy provided by healthcare professionals
The knowledge you will gain from day one will be assessed through practical demonstration of the first aid action plan for mental health and a written assessment paper.
Assessment Paper 1 contains 12 questions and you will need to achieve a minimum of 16 out of a possible 21 points to pass the assessment.
The duration of Assessment Paper 1 is 30 minutes and this will take place at the end of day one