- When: 1pm -5pm, 16th March 2019
- Where: Trinity Sports Centre, Small Hall, Cambridge Street, Manchester, M15 6HP
This course is for anyone wishing to coach a dodgeball within their community, whether that is at clubs, universities, schools or colleges. Anyone aged over 16+ can complete the qualification.
Aims and Objectives
- Be able to safely deliver a dodgeball session
- Have an understanding of the needs of different participants within a session
- Be able to make their dodgeball sessions Inclusive
- Recognise how to create a positive environment within their session
- The Sport: a practical based module providing an understanding of dodgeball, the rules of the game, correct equiptment to use, alternative versions and key physical and social benefits.
- The Participants: a theory based module that concentrates on working with groups and opportunities beyond play.
- Inclusion: a practical based module covering the inclusion spectrum and game variations for disability groups.
- A Positive wellbeing: a theory based module that covers positive changes, improving self-esteem, building relationships and taking part.
- Your session: a group delivery incorporating aspects learned on the course.
The British Dodgeball Level 1 Coaching course takes place in a sports hall and class room, all candidates receive a resource and e-certificate upon completion of the course.