LTA Assistant Coach Development (Manchester)Book a Place
Sunday 16 May 09:00 - 17:00
Sunday 30 May 09:00 - 17:00
Sunday 13 June 09:00 - 17:00
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS COURSE IS BEING DELIVERED OUTDOORS
Level 1 - Tennis Coaching Assistant
The level 1 coaching assistant course is the starting point for people who want to get into tennis coaching and become a coaching assistant. It will train people to:
Organise tennis activity constructively and safely.
Plan and deliver a structured lesson under the guidance of an accredited coach.
Have basic knowledge of tactics, techniques and rules of tennis.
Have a full understanding of the structure of Mini Tennis.
Duration and course structure
- 3 days
- 3 hours coaching experience
- Mini Tennis
- Lesson structure
- Basic tactics
- Basic technique
- Initial assessment
- Action plan
Minimum of three hours experience assisting an LTA Accredited or Accredited+ coach during the 3-6 week break. The LTA strongly recommends that a coach has appropriate insurance cover when undertaking supervised experienced hours that are a requirement of the course.
Completion of Level 1 Portfolio.
- Mini Tennis awards
- On court assessment
- Portfolio assessment
- Be a minimum of 16 on the first day of the course.
- Have a signed letter of deployment from the club where coaching experience will be undertaken or request a letter of deployment from the course provider.
- Have coaching assistant experience organised before the course starts. For help with this please contact your course provider.
- On court practical assessment using course materials.
- Portfolio of evidence.
- Candidates must attend all the sessions on the course at the same venue and pass all elements of assessment to be successful.
- If you hold a UKCC endorsed, 1st4sport awarded level 2+ in another sport you can bypass level 1 and take Level 2.
- If you hold a teaching qualification (PGCE or equivalent) specialising in P.E. then you can bypass level 1 and take Level 2.
For exemption approval you will need to contact 1st4sport directly [email protected], with evidence of your Level 2 from another sport or PE teaching qualification. You should then forward this approval to the provider of the course you wish to attend.
If you have any further questions please e-mail us at [email protected]