First Aid for Mental Health - Level 3Book a Place
*PLEASE NOTE* This is a 2 day course, with the 2nd installment of the course taking place 30th June
LEVEL 3 AWARD: SUPERVISING FIRST AID FOR MENTAL HEALTH
Mental Health First Aid teaches how to identify, understand and respond to signs of mental illnesses and substance use disorders. The courses introduce participants to risk factors and warning signs of mental health concerns, builds understanding of their impact and provides an overview of common treatments.
This is an ofqual regulated course.
This qualification does not have an expiry date but keeping up to date with changes to policies, procedures and new legislation through ongoing CPD is vital.Book a Place
This qualification does not have an expiry date but keeping up to date with changes to policies, procedures and new legislation through ongoing CPD is vital.
The 2 day workshop covers the following and learners will be able to:
- Know what mental health is, why people develop mental health conditions and the role of a First Aide
- Know how to provide advice and practical support for a person presenting a mental health condition
- Know how to recognise and manage stress
- Understand the impact of substance abuse on mental health
- Understand the first aid action plan for mental health and be able to put it in place
- Know how to implement a positive mental health culture in the workplace
- Understand a range of mental health disorders and the support / therapy provided by healthcare professionals (Anxiety, Depression, PTSD, Self-harm, Suicide, Eating Disorders, Personality Disorder, Bipolar, Psychosis, Schizophrenia)
The knowledge you will gain from day one will be assessed through practical demonstration of the first aid action plan for mental health and a written assessment paper.