Nuture Development - Discover Asset-Based Community Development (ABCD)Book a Place
As developed and delivered by Nuture Development, for people working and delivering in Lancashire
Duration: Eight X 90 min Coaching Seminars, eight hours of self-directed learning plus practical assignments.
Wednesday 22nd, & 29th September - 11:00am-12:30pm
Wednesday 6th, 13th, 20th & 27th October - 11:00am-12:30pm
Wednesday 3rd November - 11:00am-12:30pm
Asset-Based Community Development uses concepts, skills and tools that are simple and practical, and implementable immediately upon returning to your home communities and work places.
This workshop is highly interactive and engaging with practical examples that deal with real issues. During the workshops you will be able to develop an understanding of the essential community building processes that enable communities to flourish, to work effectively and respectfully in citizen space.
The overall objective is to provide you with the key building blocks for animating communities and helping organisations to flourish.Book a Place
A modular e-learning course for 20 professionals, that consists of the following eight modules:
- From the Beginning: ABCD
- The Building Blocks of ABCD
- The Role of the Professional in Citizen Space
- Asking the Right Questions
- Getting Practical
- The Role of Connectors and Animators
- The 8 Touchstones Community Building Framework Pt: 1
- The 8 Touchstones of Community Building Framework Pt 2
There are three aspects to the delivery of the Discover ABCD course
- Self-directed learning - access to video, audio, written and visual learning resources relating to each of the eight modules via the Community Renewal platform.
- Reflective learning – 8 X Coaching seminars per area facilitated online via zoom.
- Practical Assignments – Exercises that attendees will complete as they progress through the course