1st4sport Level 1 Award in Assistant Coaching Sport & Physical ActivityBook a Place
This course will be delivered on request, and completed in your own time
This qualification will help you develop the skills and competences required to be able to assist in the delivery of sports or physical activity coaching sessions under the direct supervision of a more qualified coach.
You will learn:
- The role and responsibilities of the coaching assistant
- Rules and regulations
- Safe coaching practice
- Inclusive coaching practice
- Deliver and evaluate coaching activities
- Technical requirements of sport and physical activity
- The qualification is designed for those who wish to become involved in coaching at an assistant level, and have responsibility for the delivery of coaching activities under the supervision of a more qualified coach.
This is an entry point to coaching and it is directed at learners who have an interest in sport or physical activity.Book a Place
- Be at least 14 years of age
- Be able to communicate effectively in English (this includes reading, writing, listening and speaking)
- Have access to a laptop to complete the e-learning modules.
It is recognised as the industry standard Level 1 qualification for coaches by UK Coaching. It is aligned to the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity professional standard for an Assistant Coach.
- Coursework completed online
- Practical Demonstration/Assignment
Once you have signed up, you will provided with a personal login to access the learning portal